Now that I’ve been living “down under” for around 48 hours, it is time I updated my list of things [I think] I know about Australia. I think I’ve learned a lot since barely being able to enter the country two days ago, and I’ll continue my list of [possible] facts:
- Everyone is the descendent of a criminal.
- Pubs and bars are called “hotels.” But don’t be confused–you probably cannot sleep there.
- Sometimes I hear a person speaking with an Australian accent and for the first several seconds I think they are just speaking a different language entirely.
- Going to Australia is an air-tight excuse to get out of going to weddings back home.
- The libraries are awesome. They look how my house looks like when I have a really good daytime nap dream.
- Birds we would consider exotic in our American zoos are just pests in Australia.
- Their electrical outlets look like sad versions of American electrical outlets.
- And, somehow, this is an advertisement for passport photos.